We all have those days. You know the ones. You just feel…blah, and you don’t know why. Well I’m here to help you figure it out. So the next time you have an icky day, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I tired? If the answer to this is yes for me, nothing is really going to help me except a solid nine hours of sleep.
- Am I hungry? I tend to get myself into trouble with this one because rather than figuring out what the problem really is, I sometimes just eat. And that’s not helpful at all
- Do I need to poop? Seriously, if you need to poop, please make that happen. Even if you’re still tired and/or hungry, you’ll feel much better.
- Am I dehydrated? This is a sneaky one, but not getting enough water really throws me off.
- Do I need a hug? The answer to this is always yes, by the way. So the next time you see me, just remember that. People need to be touched. And cuddled.
- Have I been staring at a computer screen for more than an hour? Or whatever your limit is. If your eyes are dried out and crossing, go outside and look at trees.
- Am I dirty? There are not a lot of worse things, in my opinion, than being able to smell myself. Grimy teeth, gritty hands and a greasy face are right up there too. Soap.
- (For introverts) Have I had too much people time? You know what I’m talking about.
- (For extroverts) Do I need more human contact? You definitely know what I’m talking about.
- Do I know that I’m loved? I know, I know, I went and got all serious on you, but seriously, this is important.
I am currently deficient in a few of these areas, so if you have an extra few hours lying around that I can borrow for some extra sleep tonight, or if you want to come over tomorrow afternoon and snuggle, please let me know. I’m going to drink some water.