If you always want to invite people to church, but always feel tentative about asking and often chicken out at the last minute, here’s a simple five-step process to getting those butts in the pews:
- List an item for sale on craigslist. Make it ridiculously cheap, like, say a 30″ TV for $25.
- When your buyer comes to pick up his/her item, be overly generous and offer to load it up in the car for him/her.
- (You’ll have to set this up ahead of time.) Park your car(s) and place your trashcans strategically so that the buyer will have to park in the middle of the street so you don’t get a hernia carrying that monstrous TV all the way down the road.
- As the neighbors line up on either side of your buyer’s car (which is in the middle of the street), casually ask where they live and mention that your church is near there. Even if it isn’t. Give them directions.
- As they get into the car, wave enthusiastically and tell them you love them.